We will once again be curating two artist categories for the 2018 TimeRaiser. Click on the relevant poster to zoom in! Further submission information will be available at: artscouncilwb.ca/blog
Board Governance Boot Camp, October 19-21 - Radisson Hotel & Suites
http://oceanadesigns.net/images/granite/black-pearl/black-pearl.jpg Capacity Canada presents the second annual Board Governance Boot Camp for Social Profits in Fort McMurray, Alberta on October 19, 20 & 21, 2017. Sponsored by the Suncor Energy Foundation.
go This governance boot camp delivers practical governance training to non-profit Boards and equips them with relevant action plans that will deliver a noticeable performance improvement in their boardrooms.
This program has been carefully designed and is focused on governance processes, rich inter-activity with participants and relevance of content. Each session has been designed for:
- Ease of application for maximum impact
- Highly interactive and participative format
- Focus on improved Board performance
This class is limited to 40 individuals; we encourage 20 different organizations to enroll their Board Chair (or board leader) as well as their CEO/Executive Director (or a senior management leader) to ensure maximum benefit and impact. Participants are welcome from organizations of all sizes.
The tentative agenda is:
Thursday, October 19th - 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm - Keynote & Reception with Vu Le
Friday, October 20th – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday, October 21st – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
March 22, 2018 - Half day follow-up session
- Essentials of NFP Board Governance
- What does Strategy Look Like for Boards?
- Leadership, Co-operation, Decision-Making and Trust
- Simulated Board Meetings based on Case Studies
- Don McCreesh, HR Executive & Governance Consultant
- Fred Galloway, Governance & Strategic Planning Expert
- Steve Farlow, Capacity Canada Board Member and was the founding Executive Director of The Schlegel Centre for Entrepreneurship that operates within The School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University
Session leaders for the Boot Camp are:
Don McDermott, Executive in Residence, Capacity Canada & Governance Expert
Leadership Wood Buffalo is a Community Leadership Development Program offered through FuseSocial. The intent of Leadership Wood Buffalo is to help emerging leaders in Wood Buffalo to discover and grow their individual leadership strengths and styles, equip our participants with practical tools for understanding the dynamics of their community and working within it. We also strive to connect the participants with a network of other community leaders who are working towards a healthier and more vibrant community.
Leadership Wood Buffalo is entering its 11th year in 2017-2018 and has graduated over 190 community leaders. Our program is a hands-on, experiential program designed to explore and develop leadership capacity and skills within the context of actual community issues in the municipality of Wood Buffalo.