Board Governance Boot Camp, October 19-21 - Radisson Hotel & Suites
Capacity Canada presents the second annual Board Governance Boot Camp for Social Profits in Fort McMurray, Alberta on October 19, 20 & 21, 2017. Sponsored by the Suncor Energy Foundation.
This governance boot camp delivers practical governance training to non-profit Boards and equips them with relevant action plans that will deliver a noticeable performance improvement in their boardrooms.
This program has been carefully designed and is focused on governance processes, rich inter-activity with participants and relevance of content. Each session has been designed for:
- Ease of application for maximum impact
- Highly interactive and participative format
- Focus on improved Board performance
This class is limited to 40 individuals; we encourage 20 different organizations to enroll their Board Chair (or board leader) as well as their CEO/Executive Director (or a senior management leader) to ensure maximum benefit and impact. Participants are welcome from organizations of all sizes.
The tentative agenda is:
Thursday, October 19th - 5:30 pm to 9:00 pm - Keynote & Reception with Vu Le
Friday, October 20th – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday, October 21st – 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
March 22, 2018 - Half day follow-up session
- Essentials of NFP Board Governance
- What does Strategy Look Like for Boards?
- Leadership, Co-operation, Decision-Making and Trust
- Simulated Board Meetings based on Case Studies
- Don McCreesh, HR Executive & Governance Consultant
- Fred Galloway, Governance & Strategic Planning Expert
- Steve Farlow, Capacity Canada Board Member and was the founding Executive Director of The Schlegel Centre for Entrepreneurship that operates within The School of Business and Economics at Wilfrid Laurier University
Session leaders for the Boot Camp are:
Don McDermott, Executive in Residence, Capacity Canada & Governance Expert